Once again Murrumbidgee Landcare will be joining Holbrook Landcare Network, and the Riverina and Murray Regional Landcare Facilitators and Local Landcare Coordinators in the Landcare shed at the Henty Machinery Field Days.
The Field Days will be held from Tuesday 20 September to Thursday 22 September 2016.
A number of free entry passes are available for Landcare members who would like to volunteer in the shed for a while on any of the three days.
What will volunteers need to do?
- Just be your friendly selves and greet people who come to visit the shed and maybe have a bit of a yarn.
- Point people in the direction of information displays and Landcare staff if anyone has a specific question you can’t answer.
If you are actively involved in a Landcare group, this is a great opportunity to talk to others about what your group has been achieving. If you’re not currently part of a Landcare group but would like to get more involved in Landcare in the region this is your chance to meet all the local coordinators and other local Landcarers in person and make those all-important connections.
If you would like to volunteer, please contact Regional Landcare Facilitator Kimberley on firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to come along and say hi, but unable to volunteer? No worries, feel free to pop in for a chat any time, there will be people on hand in the shed to talk about all things Landcare throughout the entire Field Days.
What will be happening in the Landcare shed this year?
- Displays about local Landcare groups and recent projects from across the Riverina and Murray regions.
- Movie Central showing a series of short films developed by Murrumbidgee Landcare and Holbrook Landcare Network.
- Competitions for all ages (stay tuned for further details!)
- A series of presentations across all three days (program currently under development)